25 April, 2022
What is Bircher muesli, who created it and what are its benefits?
Bircher Muesli was created last century by a Swiss doctor named Maximilian Bircher-Benner to include in the diet of his patients and inspired by a shepherd’s dinner on one of his hikes in the Alps.
Bircher’s original muesli consists of mixing oat flakes with fruit, nuts, seeds or juice and covering them with milk and leaving this mixture in the fridge overnight for breakfast the next day. The result is a consistent and very nutritious mixture as the cereals contain complex carbohydrates, proteins, B vitamins, iron and fibre, the fruit adds antioxidants and vitamins and the nuts also add more protein and omega 3 oil.
The Story Behind Emma’s Muesli Recipe
I make the finest, tastiest muesli using top quality ingredients and extra virgin olive oil, a key ingredient of one of the healthiest diet, the Mediterranean diet.
Emma’s Muesli recipe is a cocktail of vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates and fibre.
For many years, I tested different cereals, fruits, seeds, nuts, sweeteners and oils. I used a selection of ingredients and then added a Mediterranean touch, using the finest extra virgin olive oil arbequina from my own country of origin, Spain. With the knowledge gained through my research and managing a blog of recipes www.laencimeraazul.com , I created a unique variety of delicious healthy Artisanal Muesli and Artisanal Granola.
When choosing my ingredients, I pay special attention to the nutritional value, quality and flavour of each individual ingredient. There is no added sugar in my products except the muesli made with chocolate and made with my home made cakes and biscuits. I combine ingredients resulting in high quality, delicious tasting, easy to digest Müesli and Granola.
I have several varieties of Müesli and Granola including Gluten Free Muesli, Vegan Muesli, gluten free granola for you to enjoy and have a balanced diet. I have also sweet recipes with different types of chocolate, home made cakes, cookies and other exciting new recipes to come.
All recipes contain: fine bio oat flakes, oat flakes without gluten, bio spelt flakes with toasty taste, bio amaranth in the gluten free version, bio ground lin seeds, bio chia seeds, bio sunflower seeds, bio sesame seeds, Spanish extra virgin olive oil from Arbequina olives which gives the sweet and a slightly spicy taste.
The 5 main classic Muesli recipes are:
1. Red Fruits Muesli Recipe
The Red Fruits Müesli recipe contains:
– Lyophilized strawberries, raspberries and blueberries no added sugar. Lyophilization process gives the fruit a crispy texture and protects the nutritional value of the fruits during the life time of the Müesli.
– Homemade dried apple which is added to give a natural sweetness. It is no added sugar Muesli
2. Finest Nuts Müesli Recipe
The Finest Nuts Muesli recipe contains:
– Marcona Almonds
– Macadamia Nuts, the king of nuts considered to have the hightest nutrient value of all nuts
– Piemonte Hazelnuts, one of my favourite nuts giving a bit of sweet taste to the Muesli, plus homemade dried apple and raisins. Again, it is no added sugar Muesli.
3. Dark Chocolate Müesli Recipe
The Dark Chocolate Müesli recipe contains:
– Swiss dark chocolate 70% or 85% cocoa
– Spelt flakes
– Swiss Velvety dark chocolate chips with 70% or 85% cocoa
4. Powerful Gluten Free Muesli with fruit and nuts Recipe
The Gluten Free no added sugar Red Fruits and Nuts Müesli recipe contains many healthy ingredients combined in one recipe and delicious.
– Lyophilized strawberries, raspberries and blueberries no added sugar.
– Gluten free oat flakes, Amaranth
– Marcona Almonds
– Macadamia Nuts
– Piemonte Hazelnuts
– Homemade dried apple
5. Crunchy delicious Gluten Free Granola
The crunchy delicious Gluten Free Granola recipe contains:
– Marcona Almonds
– Cashew Nuts
– Sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil Arbequina and Maple Syrup.
A hint of honey to the Muesli or hint of maple syrup is added to the Vegan Müesli.
I use bio products whenever possible.
Enjoy a new experience during your breakfasts or snacks, start your mornings with a healthy, delicious, nutritious and balanced diet, welcome to the world of Emma’s Muesli.